Thursday, November 5, 2009

She Made Me Who I Am Today


“Careful!” Tania said. As she took away the lighter and told me, “That’s something you don’t play with.” I always wanted to have her black hair and her big black eyes. She has always been thin. Her big smile looked just like my mothers.

“Do you want me to pass you ingredients?” I asked, the sun shining through the windows and the birds on top of the houses. She was making me a chocolate cake.
“Pass me the milk and pay close attention on how you make it.”

Tania let me help her make the cake because my mom wasn’t home to do it. My mom was working, in fact she always was. I barely saw her when she got back from work for at least an hour, but that was at night. She worked everyday of the week. I wished I could spend more time with her, but she had to work. She had black curly hair and light brown eyes. She wasn’t skinny but either fat. She is just perfect to me. I wanted to tell her all the exciting things that happened at school, but I couldn’t, I had to tell my sister. She is only two years older than me. She acted like she was grown up. She has always been there for me. When I needed help in my homework, she was there. When I cried because I didn’t like the food she made that day, she was there making me something else so I would shut up.

I still loved my mom; I had to understand that if she could, she would be there doing all the things my sister was doing for me, but she couldn’t, she had to work for us. I loved them both the same. I couldn’t ask for anything else, I had everything. Two moms, that always helped me in everything. My sister made me who I am today. As soon as we were done making cake, we sat down and poured some milk in our cups, and started eating. It tasted like sweet chocolate milk. It was really warm and sugary.

I could see all the lights of the houses outside of the window. The air coming through the window gave my body chills. “Did you do anything exciting at your school today?” she asked me.
“Not really, the only exciting about today was this.” “I learned how to make chocolate cake, now I could make you one on your birthday.” I replied.
She laughed, “Well I’m glad you liked the cake, but now is time for you to go to bed.” She took me to my room and said, “Go to sleep ok? I have to go do my homework.”
“Ok, good night Thank you for everything.” I said.

She smiled and walked towards the computer to start on her homework. My sister was my everything. She taught me a lot of things. To me she had everything a hero has. It might not be powers like in the movies, she just had something special. To me she was my hero. I couldn’t be more proud of her. As I laid down staring into the ceiling I couldn't stop thinking about today. It was such an exciting day for me, she taught me something new. I was thrill to go to school and tell my friends what I had learned. My eyes half closed as everything started blurring out. I wanted to dream about making my sister the biggest chocolate cake on her birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment