Monday, April 19, 2010

School Daze 2




Quote: "When the youngsters of your culture graduate from school, (unless their families continue to take care of them) they must immediately find someone to give them money to buy the things they need in order to survive."

Response: I really like what this quote is trying to tell the reader because I think it's saying how life really works. How everybody should be independent and work hard because if you don't have your parents with you and you're still not independent then your basically screwed in life.
Everyone has to have a job in order to survive and have food and a roof to sleep in. Parents aren't always going to be around and it's important for people to learn how to live on their own. In my opinion parents should teach their children to be independent since their childhood so it wont be as hard when they grow up.

2 comments:

  1. I see where you are coming from with this and I can see some good passive idea's. I, personally, would go for a more proactive idea that involves putting children through something like boy scouts. A place where they can learn how to survive by themselves without societies or parents help at all. I really love your idea about making kids more independent because that would produce a entire generation of free-thinkers who openly question the way society and our government work. Which means many when they grow up will actually try to do something about it which could lead to some very interesting paths we could end up going down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you looked at this quote, I thought of that quote in a completely different content, and I can see where your coming from. I agree with you and do agree that people cant depend on their parents forever, so they need to go out and get a job.

    ReplyDelete